Nearest Subway Station: Jongno 3-ga (Line 1, 3, 5)
Distance from Subway Station: Shuttle Bus Office - 324 meters | Shuttle Bus - 178 meters (Exit 5)
District (gu): Jongno-gu
Should there be a reason to visit Nami Island? It is really a must-visit place for those who are planning to visit South Korea. A mere 90 minutes from Seoul, Nami Island is very accessible by many ways. The beauty of the island beckon everyone to come, and not just the Korean drama "Winter Sonata" lovers. For Muslims, there is a restaurant that serves halal vegetarian food and also a Muslim prayer room provided for our convenience.
Nami Island is not situated in Seoul. What will be shown on map here instead will be where tickets for shuttle bus to Nami Island can be bought, and where the shuttle bus itself will be stationed. Taking the shuttle bus is one of the easiest ways to go to Nami Island. Y
Here's a guide on how to book your Nami Island shuttle bus ticket:
- Call the ticket office. To call from outside of South Korea dial: +8227531247
- When the staff picks up tell her "Hi, I would like to book tickets for Nami Island bus"
- The staff will ask for the date, so tell her your intended date.
- Then she will ask "How many people?". Tell her how many are going.
- When asked from Insadong or Jamsil, answer Insadong. (or Jamsil if you are departing from there)
- She will then ask whether you want a one-way ticket or for the round trip. Get the round trip if you want to take the same bus back to Insadong.
- Next she will ask if you want the ticket including ferry etc. Answer yes.
- Finally she will ask for your name to put the reservation under. I highly recommend giving a short name here. Giving a long name (example Noorkumalasari) will just make it harder for both of you because you'll need to spell out your name. If my name is Noorkumalasari, I'd just give Sari as my name.
- She will then summarizes your booking, telling you how much you would have to pay and to tell the bus driver your name so that you can pick up your tickets and pay on the day of your trip. Now, say thank you and you can hang up.
The 23,000 KRW ticket will include return bus to Nami Island, return ferry tickets and admission fees. The shuttle bus departs everyday at 9.30 am from Tapgol Park in Insadong
If you want to look at other alternatives beside taking the shuttle bus, see your other options here: How to get to Nami Island.
Location in Google Map:
1. From exit 5, walk towards that tall white building in the picture:
2. Walk straight under the building and turn left at the small road:
3. From the small road walk straight until you reach Tapgol Park's wall. From here turn right:
4. Walk along the wall and you will reach where the shuttle bus is parked. Cross the road at the zebra sign:
5. Turn right once you've crossed and walk straight until you find this building on the left. Go inside. The shuttle bus ticketing office is on the 2nd floor.
New! Printable map with points of interests: